After graduating from the University of Illinois with a degree in Economics, I set my eyes on real estate investing. While touring scores of dilapidated, moldy, smelly, and sometimes illegally-occupied properties looking for a worthy fixer, I was connected with a broker who thought I’d be a great agent. She kindly handed over one of her cherished clients to me, and, as it turned out, I loved negotiating, advising, and, in general, walking him through one of the biggest purchases of his lifetime. He was a small local investor-to-be just starting to build his portfolio with a solid income-producing property. I found, and still do find, great reward in taking care of others, helping clients take advantage of tax benefits, find their dream home, and build wealth via real estate.
My dedication to preparing for a financially secure future, has been featured in Black Enterprise Magazine, and other local publications.
When not assisting buyers and sellers, I can usually be found in the airport looking forward to a new travel adventure, practicing yoga, watching the stock market, tuned in to a Chicago Bulls or Bears game, or cooking up a new vegetarian dish.
I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to write me, and tell me about your real estate needs.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (I’m a big fan of always learning; and am frequently sharpening skills to best serve you!)
- Fair Housing, Agency, License Law & Escrow – Chicago Assoc. of Realtors – Feb. 2016
- Property Ownership and Title – Chicago Assoc. of Realtors – Jan. 2016
- Navigating the Multi-board 6.1 Contract – Chicago Assoc. of Realtors – Jan. 2016
- Benefits of FHA Loans – Advanced Real Estate Learning Center – Nov. 2015
- Green Home Energy Right – Advanced Real Estate Learning Center – Nov. 2015
- Short Sales – Advanced Real Estate Learning Center – Nov. 2015